Get to know this special dancer, Brelynn, who is an integral part of our Soel Squad! One of the hardest workers we know and wow...such a talented dancer! Be sure to read to the end of her post to learn how to get 15% off your entire order!!
Hi. I'm Brelynn Buck and I'm 12 years old. I live in Utah and dance at Infinity Dance Utah. I've danced and tumbled since I was 2 years old. I have 2 older siblings, a pet snake, and a beta fish. Dance is pretty much my life and I wouldn't have it any other way. When I'm not dancing, I'm hanging out with my dance friends choreographing dances or watching our favorite dance inspirations on World of Dance or YouTube.
Today I want to talk to you about tips for gaining more flexibility.
This topic is near and dear to me since it's a daily struggle. I was born with some flexibility, but I'm by no means a natural. Especially since I just had a huge growth spurt over the last year ( I grew about 6 inches). I lost a lot of flexibility. Especially in my back. I thought sharing my experience may help some of you.
Here are some of my tips for starting out:
1. Find a stretching partner that will keep you motivated.
2. Stretch with a partner as often as you can. Your partner can help push you farther in most stretches.
3. Stretching should not be comfortable. If it doesn't hurt, you're not stretching.
4. Take progress pictures. You may think you haven't made progress, but pictures don't lie. Seeing progress is motivating.
5. Be consistent. Stretching one day a week is not going to help. You have to stretch at least 3-4 days a week to improve.
6. Be patient. Seeing improvements takes time. This progress picture below is in a 7 week period. I had a private teacher McKenna Lynch stretch me once a week for 30 minutes, and I stretched myself the other days.
7. Don't give up!!!
Photo by Images by Norelle
How pretty is the new Empire Leo just released last month! This leotard comes in five pretty color ways so be sure to check them out HERE.
Guess what? I am designing my own style with Soel that is releasing in December 2019! I can't wait to share it with you. In the meantime, be sure to checkout out all of Soel's new releases (there have been a lot lately!) and take 15% off your entire order with my code Breezy15. See all the latest styles HERE.
You can follow me on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/brelynnbuck/ to learn more about me and watch my journey as a dancer.